- From this September no new SEN statement will be issued;
- children with needs will no longer be placed on School action or school action plus education support programmes instead they will have SEN support or Education, Health and Care plans (EHC);
- Local authorities will be required to publish a local offer of provision fro children and young people who are disabled or have SEN;
- Local SEN champions will be appointed to work for the interest of children and young people with SEND;
- When a child has been assessed as needing EHC plan, parents will have the right to apply for a personal budget, so they can choose services which are best for their family.
Find out more by clicking on the buttons below: